Pages

Saturday 1 June 2019

Frei Corps Loudon

In order to provide the Austrians with some light troops I have painted up a unit of Frei Corps Grun Loudon. (I know they probably did not fight in open order - but until the Grenz moulds are available I wanted something).


For the figures I used the following:

  • Officer - Prussian with Russian officers head (I do like that head)
  • Standard bearer - Prussian with Russian musketeer head (I did not want a pom-pom)
  • Drummer - Prussian (with no arm chevrons (I filed them off of the model I have))
  • NCO - Prussian with Russian head and musket.
  • Rank and file - Prussian musketeer, as I wanted troops with a sword - plus a Russian musketeers head.

The figures above are in my standard 16 man unit, and are shown in close order. However for skirmishing they are all individually based, and I decided that in that role they should lose the  standard and drummer, so I have replaced them with another NCO, and an officer with musket, using a Russian officer (with the gorget and lapel buttons removed).























9 comments:

  1. These look very nice...
    Will you be bringing them to The Wild Geese weekend ?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am painting them for!

      I have just cast 4 units of the new dragoons - is there time to clean, assemble and paint???????????????????????????????

      Delete
  2. Very sharp looking figures!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they are a very nice range once you start mixing and matching,

      Delete
  3. Very nice, the nco with musket is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I forgot to say - he has the a Russian cartridge box on his waist belt.

      Delete