Pages

Monday 17 July 2023

British Highlanders - Update


Just to show I am still here - a quick update on the release of the Highlanders; according to Prince August these moulds will be released late-July/early-August.

There will be 3 moulds containing what has now become the 'standard' mix of 6 figures, that is:
  • Officer
  • Standard Bearer
  • NCO
  • Musician (bagpipes)
  • Rank and file at march attack and advancing.
Heads will be provided to make figures with either bonnet or bearskin, and the officer and NCO with the option to change weapons.

The illustrations below are not the latest designs, but give a good idea of what is on the way, there have been couple of changes since these were taken:
  • The officers now have a sash over the shoulder
  • The march attack figures left arm has been revised to reposition the hand to hold the musket at the base of the butt.






In view of comments about the kilt; I have added a couple more views showing the belted plaid - it is just not very visible on the images above.




16 comments:

  1. Looks like they aren't wearing the usual belted plaid? Oh Well, itll make them easier to paint.
    (And it'll be easier to use them for the 1790s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wearing the belted plaid, it is just not visible from the illustrations I showed. I have added a view from the rear of the model - unfortunately I do not have images of the final figures.

      Delete
  2. Look fine. Are these sculpts from Chris Tubb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chris has done the whole range, initially by hand and since the French digitally.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the answer. I am curious how they will look as actual casting.

      Delete
    3. I do not (currently) have any plans to build a British army, so I am not likely to cast and paint any highlanders.
      I would be interested to see how others get on with them - the thought of painting tartan is scary!

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear, that the Highlanders are on the road and the 40 mm SYW range continious. For sure, I will buy these new moulds. Another "exotic" clothed army beside the Grenz. These soldiers will certainly look good as a unit. Glad, PA is not afraid of such figures. Thanks for the information Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great and will paint very well as usual but why launch with the more niche units above the regular English foot which surely a greater number of people are waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way PA work, there is more chance of getting the regular troops done after the highlanders than the other way around.

      Delete
  5. They look great. I will certainly buy these molds! Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Highland Moulds are ready to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Initially I was disappointed with the choice of Highlanders, but now they are released I have changed my mind - excellent models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen the moulds in the flesh, I would be interested to see photos of some castings.

      Delete