Pages

Sunday 1 September 2019

Wild Geese Wargames & Future Plans

I thought I had better just let you know that I am still here😀

Wild Geese Wargames Weekend (22-23rd June)

When I last wrote I was frantically casting and painting the new dragoons for a gaming weekend over the weekend 22-23 June - I managed to get just the two units finished.

The weekend went pretty well, and the 40mm semi flats were generally well received. Unfortunately I somehow managed to pretty much forget to take photos, and those which I did were out of focus! Below are a few I have lifted from other blogs.




We played 3 games over the weekend using the 'Gentleman's War' rules which worked well with these figures. For those of you with the rules - we used 2 packs of cards, one for each half of the table - this speeded up play nicely.

Clearly we were playing a game - not putting on a display, so there is all sorts of mess on the table, however the plain cloth did show the figures off nicely.






Since then I have not touched the 40mm figures, and have mainly been playing Commands and Colors Napoleonic using 15mm figures.



This is not the place to discuss these small chaps - if you are interested here is a link to a write up of our last game.
http://scrivsland.blogspot.com/2019/08/battle-of-vimeiro-1808-using-command.html


Future Releases

I am told that PA are planning to release some new moulds in the (near) future. I have asked that the next releases are some Austrian grenz (Russian pandours) and a general officer.

For the light troops I pointed Chris to the posts back in September 2014 (no rushed job this) - I will keep you informed.

10 comments:

  1. Gergeous figures! These are the only ones out there that could possibly pry me loose from 30mm (1/56) Minden/Fife&Drum and Crann Tara. PA are very different, of course, but completely charming.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I agree they have a certain charm - and all the time and effort invested in home casting has more personal input.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - are you coming To play next year?

      Delete
  3. Looks great Steve and thanks for the Vimerio game when I was in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I like those card holders. Can you share more details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks

      The card holders I used were from Ebay - but unfortunately they are no longer there.

      However if you search for 'Wooden Playing Card Holders' there are some other decent looking options.

      Steve

      Delete
  5. Have you tried the Command & Colors rules with the 40mm figures? Unless you had BIG hexes you would need to scrap the hex movement, but the movement cards and combat procedure might work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay

      A friend of mine is getting an 12'x6' cloth with 180mm hexes which will take my 160mm wide units :-)

      Steve

      Delete