First of all another look at the Hungarian officer; the coat lace has now been corrected and more added to the cuffs.
With the tricorn he can command fusiliers, the right hand can accept different weapons so could have the sword as shown, or a pole arm. Also as with all the figures in the range the figure has a separate head, so for the grenadiers he could wear a bearskin and carry the sword or musket.
In the Hungarians there will also be a new pose for the NCO figure, this has been made more animated than the Prussian offering. The left hand is raised to encourage (push) the troops forward, as with the officer, he could wear a bearskin and carry a musket to help command the grenadiers.
Some Eye Candy - Next Releases 3104 & 3105
Here is a photo of some of the forthcoming releases painted by Richard Hattersley (I avoid showing his figures as he puts me to shame).
From left to right:
- The new Prussian march attack figure with the new guard head (3104)
- The Prussian officer (3101) with the new guard officer head (3104)
- The new Austrian march attack figure (3105 - BUT note that the grenadier head is from the later Hungarians as there is not enough space in the Austrian mould, also the sword scabbard is added)
- The Prussian NCO (3102) with the new Austrian fusilier head (3105). The bags on the Prussian are not correct for the Austrian, but not it is considered worth another mould for this minor problem - possibly paint the lower bag brown to match the haversack on the rank and file.
- The new Austrian advancing fusilier (3105),
- Another grenadier (Richard likes guards, grenadiers............ and artillery!)
- The new Austrian march attack fusilier (3105)
As always comments are welcome............