Prussian Infantry Moulds 3101, 3102 & 3103
I have downloaded the parts diagrams from Prince August's website and included a description of what is in there. Where I have inserted a nationality against a part I have used the following 'coding':
- Prussian - means it is intended primarily for that nation.
- (Prussian) - means that the part is intended for use in other nations.
3101 - Prussian Officer & Musketeer Standard BearerThe parts in this are:
3101/1 - Officer (Prussian) body.
3101/2 - Sword.
3101/3 - Prussian officer head, tricorn, no moustache.
3101/4 - NCO (Prussian) to carry standard.*
3101/5 - Prussian musketeer head, tricorn & moustache.
* The standard bearer needs to have the hands drilled out to accept wire flag staffs. (This was done to allow the correct size flags to be fixed - the poles on the Karoliners are only big enough for a flag designed for a 28mm figure.)
3102 - Prussian Grenadier Drummer and Fusilier NCOThe parts in this are:
3102/1 - NCO (Prussian) body.
3102/2 - Prussian pole arm.
3102/3 - Prussian fusilier head, mitre & moustache.
3102/4 - (Prussian) drummer.
3102/5 - (Prussian) grenadier head, mitre & moustache.
3103 - Prussian Musketeer & GrenadierThe parts in this are:
3103/1 - (Prussian) rank & file body.
3103/2 - (Prussian) grenadier head, mitre & moustache.
3103/3 - Prussian musketeer head, tricorn & moustache
3103/4 - (Prussian) rank & file body.
3103/5 - (Prussian) grenadier head, mitre & moustache*
3103/6 - Prussian musketeer head, tricorn & moustache
* I have to confess to there having been a bit of a lost opportunity on this mould. It would have been better if there was only one grenadier head in the mould - the other could then have been a fusilier, this was not picked up until too late. There will shortly be another mould 3104 (I think) with fusilier heads, so it might be worth leaving them a while - unless you want a lot of NCOs.
I use my existing 40mm troops in 16 man units playing with 'Field of Battle' (Piquet), or 'Maurice' rulesets, which are both very good. I have cast up and painted a unit each of musketeers, grenadiers and fusiliers to show what can be achieved with just these 3 initial moulds.
(Actually 3rd battalion IR No 15 as I wanted to give them a flag!)
3104 (Probably) - Prussian Fusiliers & Guard (not yet released)
- Add some more fusilier heads
- Provide a drummer with no hoops on arms (will also be used for Austrians & Russians)
- Provide a march attach figure, a pose only recently developed and seems popular.
- An officers head with the fancy lace & no moustache
- A rank and file head with fancy lace and moustache
Below are some photos of the 'greens.'
|New march attack with guard head|
|3101 Officer with new guard head|
As usual feedback would be appreciated.