I've just completed a small unit of Austrian jager,
For these I used the following figures:
- The new infantry kneeling and standing firing
- The new hornist
- The Russian infantry officer with 'musket'
- The Prussian NCO with 'musket' from Russian officer
- The Prussian advancing infantryman
- The new jager head
My troops have gaiters rather than the high boots depicted in most illustrations. The figures have gaiters, and the information is contradictory, I did not feel it worth the effort of showing boots, which would be difficult to model on the bent legs.
The casket in the mould is not quite right, so I made a couple of modifications:
- The casting has a domed top, whereas I think it should be level - not a difficult job to file it down. (Do it before sticking on the plume, I had not spotted the need to file the top down until after I had glued on the plume, which made it more tricky).
- They are usually shown with a green plume, which is not present in the mould. I made one by cutting the bayonet off the muskets (see below), gluing it on the side, cutting to length (it is easier to cut off the top after gluing, as it gives more to hold as the glue sets (superglue and accelerator)), and then roughening up the sides using a mini-drill.