Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Just to let you know we are still here!

Cavalry 


Just a quick line to let you know that things are still moving along - slowly (these are not Prince August's top priority - but they are still progressing).

Cuirassier officer - work in progress


Next up are the cavalry, both cuirassiers and dragoons, which are almost done. Currently we are struggling trying to figure out how to cut them up to allow interchangeability of riders and horses etc, and it looks as if the parts will be:

  • Horse
  • 4 torsos - trooper, officer, standard and musician
  • Arms (right)  for above
  • Heads

The tricky bit is trying to figure out how to have interchangeable torsos on a semi flats, the traditional legs either side the horse will not work. I think we have it and I will hopefully post something in next week or so.


How are your projects coming along?


It would be nice to have some feedback on how your 40mm projects are coming along (mine has stalled waiting for the cavalry).

If you have any photos of your projects I can upload it would be appreciated, or alternatively links to your sites?


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I await the mew Cavalry molds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we all do - but they are on the way :-)

      Delete
  2. Steve,

    Looks good! I’ve been having myself and friends contact Prince August to make sure they know the interest level out there. I’ve pretty much finished up my artillery casting for the Prussians, Austrians and Russians. It would be perfect timing to get the cavalry molds out when I finish painting the guns and crews. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once they are painted it would be nice to see how they turn out!

      The same applies to everyone else, more photos of nicely painted figures/armies can only raise the profile of the range, which will sell more moulds, and in so doing encourage PA to commission more troop types.

      Delete
  3. So far the cavalry looks good.....

    I finally finished the unit of Brunswickers (Prussian mould) that I started 3 years ago and a unit of American Provincials (Austrians).

    Meanwhile I love the new artillery wheels and can see me retrofitting better wheels on to various existing Scruby 19thC guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, I have some pics for you. How do I send them to you?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Paul

      Progress on sculpting has been slow of late so there has been nothing much to report :-(

      Hopefully some cavalry soon!

      Steve

      Delete
  6. This is great news. I have 2 of every mould in this range and tons of metal. I order more model metal every time they have sale. This is a project that has been on the back burner waiting for the cavalry to arrive. The plan is to have large armies for all the nationalities. I will be retired within a few months and am looking forward working on this project .Thanks for keeping going with the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan

      I am told the sculpting for the Austrian cuirassiers and dragoons is done, but there is still some wore preparing them for the 3D printing (to me this move to digital seems to have slowed things down). It will still be some months I suspect.

      Where are you based, I am near Mansfield in UK?

      Steve

      Delete
  7. I also wait, especially for the Cuirassiers!

    ReplyDelete